Happy Saturday! Today’s Studio Selfie features Wisconsin still life painter Jacob A. Pfeiffer. Known for his highly realistic and often subtly humorous still life compositions, Jacob’s work is currently featured in Principle Gallery’s booth at the Boston International Fine Arts Show. In fact, BIFAS even used his piece “A Bird in the Hand” to advertise for this year’s show! Check out Jacob’s available work on our website here, and be sure to follow our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for our weekly selfie posts, as well as more goodies like some sneak peeks at this weekend’s event in Boston!
10 Questions for the Artist: Jacob A. Pfeiffer
1. Fill in the blank: Paint is timeless and immediate.
2. Cats/Dogs? Cats, but I am allergic to both. We had a wonderful cat for 17 years named “Smokey Jo”. His cat hair can be found embedded in several of my early works.
3. Your first car: 1984 Ford Escort (Tan). We called it the “Desert Storm Edition”. I put a car stereo in this car that was worth more that the car itself! I’m still paying the price with my compromised hearing.
4. Favorite painting music: The Smiths
5. Your “spirit animal”: Red tailed Hawk
6. If you could time travel and witness an artist create their masterpiece, which work would you choose? I would love to witness Juan Sanchez Cotan painting “Quince, Cabbage, Melon and Cucumber “ His work was painted in the early 1600’s yet feels very fresh and modern in 2014
7. All time favorite movie: “Boyhood”
8. Place you’d love to travel to: Paris, France
9. Morning person or night owl? I was a night owl before having kids. Now I am a morning person out of necessity
10. If I weren’t an artist, I think I’d be an Art Teacher.