Happy Saturday! Today’s Studio Selfie features an artist whose work is included in this month’s fantastic juried cityscape exhibition Urban Aspect–if you haven’t yet, be sure you check out the show in person or on our website, by clicking here! Originally from Taranto, Italy, cityscape painter Valerio D’Ospina now lives and works in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is internationally acclaimed for his energetic and dynamic paintings of cities as well as industrial scenes. You can click here to view all of Valerio’s available work on our website!
10 Questions for the Artist: Valerio D’Ospina
- Paint is A simple graphics painting program that has been included with all versions of Microsoft Windows…or…Paint can be any liquid, liquefiable, or mastic composition that, after application to a substrate in a thin layer, converts to a solid film… (courtesy of Wikipedia, ah!).
- Cats/Dogs? Nope.
- Your first car: A Lamborghini when I was five…but it was eight inches long, does it count?
- Favorite painting music: Sigur Ros or Ennio Morricone
- Your “spirit animal”: A bird of some sort (but not an owl!).
- If you could time travel and witness an artist create their masterpiece, which work would you choose? Oh that’s too easy: The Raft of the Medusa by Theodore Gericault.
- All time favorite movie: “Non ci resta che piangere” written, directed and interpreted by Roberto Benigni and Massimo Troisi.
- Place you’d love to travel to: Mars or the Moon if it didn’t take forever to get there.
- Morning person or night owl? Well…I identify more with a person rather than an owl, so I guess my only option here is the morning.
- If I weren’t an artist, I think I’d be An astronaut…if it didn’t take forever to get there!