Today’s Studio Selfie Saturday post features the incredible Larry Preston, a still life artist from Massachusetts. He is truly a man of many talents, as he spent many years dedicated to a successful music career before returning to his first love of paintng. A self-taught but amazingly talented artist, Larry’s beautifully composed, crisply detailed, and luminous still life compositions astound and delight each and every viewer who sees them in the gallery. Click here to see Larry’s currently available works on our website, and be sure to check out a sneak peek at one of his works from the upcoming Small Works show this December, right after the answers to the Q&A!
10 Questions for the Artist: Larry Preston
- Fill in the blank: Paint is what enables me to convey that which I can not put into words.
- Cats/Dogs? Both
- Your first car: Ford van
- Favorite painting music: Probably classical but I love most music.
- Your “spirit animal”: wolf/dog
- If you could time travel and witness an artist create their masterpiece, which work would you choose? John Singer Sargent working on “Smoke Of Ambergris”
- All time favorite movie: don’t really have one but I’ll go with “The Wizard of Oz”
- Place you’d love to travel to: Ireland/Scotland
- Morning person or night owl? AM
- If I weren’t an artist, I think I’d be: can’t imagine doing anything else.